The Gorilla is the go-to pack for the lightweight hiker or weekend warrior. Its versatility, comfort, and fit will keep you reaching for it on your next adventure.
The Gorilla 40 litre is a versatile mid-size pack with an removable internal frame, 4 built in pockets, side compression webbing, and a rugged exterior.
Whether your weekend plans include a trek in dense forests or a ramble on high alpine ridges, the Gorilla Ultralight Backpack has the options you need, without weighing you down.
Updates in a nutshell
- The aluminium stay now exits at the base of the pack and locates into two slots on the hip belt, offering a better weight transfer to the hips
- The shoulder harness slider, has been updated to prevent slippage
- The foam pad is slightly denser and thinner than the previous model
- The ‘old’ hip belt will not work with this model, however the ‘new’ hip belt works with the previous version
- The compression cord and sliders are no longer supplied
- The chest brace no longer has a whistle built in
- The 'unused' clips at the end of the shoulder harness are no longer supplied
- There are 3 attachment tabs at the top of the hydration pocket instead of the previous 1
- The various small compression tabs around the pack are no longer reflective
Gorilla Backpack Features
- New (optional) belt with added stiffener and stay integration for superior load transfer and comfort
- New (optional) unisex ergonomic belt shape with larger more functional integrated hip belt pockets
- Unisex ergonomic harness for both men and women
- Recommended for loads of 30 pounds or less
- Made of our custom 100 and 200 denier Robic nylon
- It comes with a SitLight pad and a removable stay
- The (optional) belt is sold separately to allow customers to choose the size they need
- Two side mesh bottle pockets accessible without taking off pack
- Air-mesh fabric on shoulder straps and hipbelt for less friction, more cushion and more comfort OTT (Over-the-Top) closure system provides an easy secure closure
- Rear mesh pocket great for drying gear and other gear storage
- New trekking pole hardware for storing them outside the pack
- Internal hydration sleeve and drinking tube keeper loops on both shoulder straps
- Side lash loop for ice axe
- Small (13" - 16" torso) (33 - 41 cm.) Generally fits people 4' 11" to 5' 4"
- Medium (16" - 19" torso) (41 - 48 cm.) Generally fits people 5'4" to 5'9"
- Large (19" - 22" torso) (48 - 56 cm.) Generally fits people 5'9" to 6'
Hip Belt Size (Sold Separately)
- Small hip belt (25" - 32" waist) (64 - 81 cm.)
- Medium hip belt (32" - 38" waist) (76 - 96.5 cm.)
- Large hip belt (38" - 44" waist) (91.4 - 112 cm.)
NB: Please see the new video which will show the easiest way to fit the stay into the hipbelt. A little patience may be required.
Average Weight (pack, stay and pad)
- Small : 21.55 oz / 611 g
- Medium : 24.3 oz / 689 g
- Large: 26.15 oz / 742 g
Average Weight Hipbelt
- Small: 5.6 oz / 159 g
- Medium: 6.3 oz / 178 g
- Large: 7.0 oz / 198 g
- X-Large: 7.5 oz / 213 g
Capacity (Size Medium)
- 2,354 c.i. (40 l.) total
- 1,760 c.i. (28.84 l.) in main pack body to extension collar seam
- 30 lb maximum carry capacity
Dimensions (Size Medium)
- Height 23” to the extension collar only
- Width 11”
- Depth 6”
- Extension collar adds another 9” of height
- Custom 100 denier Robic ripstop nylon
- Select use of 200 denier Robic nylon for reinforcement.
- Select use of 70 denier silicone coated ripstop (silnylon)
- Air mesh fabric for harness lining
- Power mesh fabric pad holder
- Custom stretch mesh fabric for big back pocket