The Mariposa is the bestseller from Gossamer Gear. A tough, large volume backpack that features a removable internal frame, load lifters, and 7 built in pockets all for under 2 pounds!
The Mariposa 60 litre backpack is ideal for lightweight backpacking trips where capacity is a top priority. Featuring 7 built in pockets (two are easy access side pockets) and enough space in the main pocket to fit all your gear and a bear canister when needed. The Mariposa is constructed largely of our custom 100 and 200 denier Robic nylon fabric for a sweet spot blend of toughness and weight.
Updates in a nutshell
- The aluminium stay now exits at the base of the pack and locates into two slots on the hip belt, offering a better weight transfer to the hips
- The shoulder harness slider, has been updated to prevent slippage
- The new SitLight pad is slightly denser and thinner than the previous model
- Please note the 'old' hipbelt will not fit this model. However the 'new' hipbelt will fit the previous model.
- The compression cord and sliders are no longer supplied
- The chest brace no longer has a whistle built in
- The 'unused' clips at the end of the shoulder harness are no longer supplied
- There are 3 attachment tabs at the top of the hydration pocket instead of the previous 1
- The various small compression tabs around the pack are no longer reflective
Mariposa Backpack Features
- New (optional) belt with added stiffener and stay integration for superior load transfer and comfort
- New (optional) unisex ergonomic belt shape with larger more functional integrated hipbelt pockets
- Unisex ergonomic harness for both men and women
- The Mariposa is best with loads under 30lbs but will handle up to 35 just fine
- Made of our custom 100 and 200 denier Robic nylon
- It comes with a SitLight pad and a removable stay.
- The (optional) belt is sold separately to allow customers to choose the size they need
- OTT (Over-the-Top) closure system provides an easy secure closure
- Rear mesh pocket great for drying gear and other gear storage
- Custom air mesh fabric on shoulder straps and hipbelt for less friction and more comfort
- New trekking pole hardware for storing them outside the pack
- Right side bottle pockets accessible without taking off pack
- Internal hydration sleeve and drinking tube keeper loops on both shoulder straps
- Harness includes multiple attachment points for accessorising
- Lashing loop doubles as ice axe holder
- Small (13" - 16" torso) (33 - 41 cm.) Generally fits people 4' 11" to 5' 4"
- Medium (16" - 19" torso) (41 - 48 cm.) Generally fits people 5' 4" to 5' 9"
- Large (19" - 22" torso) (48 - 56 cm.) Generally fits people 5' 9" to 6'2"
- X-Large (22" - 25") ( 56 - 63.5 cm.) Generally fits people 6'2 " to 6'7"
Hipbelt Size (Sold Separately)
- Small (25" - 32" waist) (64 - 81 cm.)
- Medium (32" - 38" waist) (76 - 96.5 cm.)
- Large (38" - 44" waist) (91.4 - 112 cm.)
- X-Large (44"-60") (107 - 152 cm.)
NB: Please see the new video which will show the easiest way to fit the stay into the hipbelt. A little patience may be required.
Average Weight (pack, stay and pad)
- Small: 22.7 oz / 644 g
- Medium: 29.1 oz / 825 g
- Large: 29.6 oz / 839 g
- X-Large: 32.8 oz / 929 g
Average Weight Hipbelt
- Small: 5.6 oz / 159 g
- Medium: 6.3 oz / 178 g
- Large: 7.0 oz / 198 g
- X-Large: 7.5 oz / 213 g
Capacity (Size Medium)
- 3487 c.i. (60 l.) total
- 2,200 c.i. (36 l.) in main pack body to extension collar seam
- 35 lb maximum carry capacity
Dimensions (Size Medium)
- Height 23” to the extension collar only
- Width 11”
- Depth 7.5"
- Extension collar adds another 9” of height
- 100 denier Robic High Tensil strength nylon
- Select use of 200 denier Robic High tensil strength nylon.
- Select use of 70 denier double-rip ripstop nylon
- Select use of Darlington Mesh
- Select use of Supreme Air Mesh
- Select use of Foam