The Yupik pack replaces the last model from Montane, the Grand Tour 55. It is a similar weight, due to the material being upgraded to give you a pack which will take on your adventure with ease and live to tell the tail.
The key features have to be the adjustable back system, removeable lid, included rain cover, great load carrying ability and a lower external zipped access point, for those people who like compartments instead of ‘pack diving’ to get to the bottom.
This is for the long distance hikers who want a sturdy load carrier and who aren’t bothered about a few extra grams. However for a 50 litre pack it is still very respectable at 1.5kg.
Montane states: With a full feature set and weighing an incredible 1.5kg the Yupik 50 has been designed to give you everything you need and nothing you don’t. From the fantastic load transfer and carrying comfort of the height adjustable, ventilated ZephyrAD back system, to the double lid closure, multiple storage solutions, including the iconic double front zipped mesh pockets and base compartment, no compromise has been made. The Yupik 50 allows you to travel lighter and move faster in absolute freedom, ideal for long weekends or super-light trips in the wild.
- RAPTOR Featherlite™ 100 Denier triple rip-stop fabric features a specially enhanced PU coating for increased abrasion resistance and tear strength
- RAPTOR Endurance 420 Denier extra durable base panels
- Shell friendly CONTACT Open Mesh back panel for enhanced ventilation
- CONTACT Air Mesh Plus on shoulder straps and hip fins
- Super lightweight and waterproof HALO lining fabric
- Wide top opening with Cord Lord Lite quick release mechanism
- Montane ZephyrAD back system incorporates a unique adjustable back pad to suit multiple back lengths for optimised support and comfort with air flow channels for enhanced ventilation
- Horizontal zipped base compartment with internal divider for storage options
- Pre-curved, lightweight, aluminium frame provides structure, support and excellent load transfer
- Top tension shoulder straps fix directly to the frame allowing the pack weight to be pulled close to the body and control pack stability
- Integrated waist belt and cinch strap adjustment pulls the pack closer to the user in one easy movement
- Iconic large front zipped mesh pockets for overloading, ideal for storage of wet kit
- Multi pocket configuration for versatile storage options including internal security pocket, external buddy pocket, hip fin pockets and stretch bucket side pockets
- Stowable dual walking pole attachment point at base of pack
- Integrated / removable rain cover (located in rear lid pocket)
- Hydration bladder compatible
Super lightweight multi day trekking and hiking pack
Weight (approx., excluding rain cover): 1,498g / 53oz
Activities: Trekking / Backpacking / Mountain Walking / Hiking / Fast Packing / Travel