|I can't believe it was December when we last updated our blog here on the website. |
So much is happening all at the same time that we don't know which way is up a lot of the time.
We've been preparing the new room for the show and as I write this we are down to the last third of painting, which has taken forever. It seems every time we put down our paintbrush another box arrives and then that needs to be booked in and the website updated.
For those people who think running a web shop is simpler than a town centre premises, have no idea just how continual the work is. Having started my working career in a retail outlet, although many of the parameters are the same, the new technology and speed of information transfer has put the whole business style on steroids.
Only 3 weeks to go before out big show and like all cunning plans, this one is coming together like a well oiled machine (just).
The campsite has started taking bookings, the grass has been cut and Bob is on his hands and knees finishing off the display room!
Show updates to report this week;
- Blackmore Camping and Caravan Park (200m away) booking number is 01684 310280, space available please book using the reference 'Backpackinglight Show'
- Special promotional items have been donated by several brands to create a goody bag for the first 50 customers spending £50 or more. Other brands are following suit
- We have managed to secure some special deals of particular interest to the adventure racer and cyclist on Montane and OMM lightweight packs
- Sunwise Sports Glasses will be carrying a range of sunglasses for the adventure racer, triathlete, cyclist and runner at special show prices. They also will take orders for prescription sports glasses
- Backpackinglight will be launching a new 3 season and 4 season British Made Sleeping Quilt, for the lightweight enthusiast
- There will be a special deal on Carbon Fibre 3 sections walking poles
- All the new Boreas and Alite rucksacks and chairs have arrived. Get ready to look uber-cool on the hill!
- After the show there will be a free talk at the Campsite in the meeting room at 7pm by Antarctic Explorer and Mountaineer - Peter Milner. Free entry all welcome.
- Rose, Beth and Naomi are baking 100's of cakes for the show. Donations to Mtn Rescue and Mountain Bothy's Assoc
Please note all these promotions and special offers will ONLY be available to customers who visit on the day.
They will NOT be available on the website or after the event closes.
Event post code WR8 0EA - Hanley Swan - Malvern
More updates and information will be on the website and another newsletter will follow before the event.
Do come to a visit for the day in this wonderful part of the world. We are only 15 mins from M5 Junct 7 and 10 mins from M50 Junct 1.
The Malvern Hills, the fresh air and the pure water is enjoyed by all ages.