We treat your Personal Information as confidential. We keep it on a secure server and we comply with GDPR, Data Protection Act 1998 and consumer legislation.
Any personal data that you provide us whilst using our services will be stored securely. This may include your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address and contact telephone numbers.
We use your information only for the following purposes:
• Processing your orders;
• Notifying you via phone, email or written correspondence if any difficulty is faced with processing your order;
• Updates on stock when you have selected 'Notify me when this is in stock' on an item;
• If you consent, to notify you of information, products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
In order to support any warranties for equipment that may not have performed as intended, we do keep records of your purchase for up to 10 years for warranty purposes. After this point it will be securely destroyed.
We will only share your personal data with our partners for the purpose of fulfilling your order, providing customer service to you and getting feedback to improve the service we provide.
Be aware that if requested by the police or a government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and/or User Information, we are entitled do so.
Website analytic tracking
Through website tracking we may also capture information about your engagement with the website. This may include where you are on the internet (e.g. the URL you came from, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, and any search terms that you entered on our website.
Please note, this information is only used to improve the quality of service offered on our website and is anonymously recorded through Google Analytics.
All card transactions are carried out as per PCI Security Standards – Dec 2012 regulation via the secure PayPal gateway. We do not have a record of your card details on file. All online transactions are carried out via this system, independent from us. This is a legal requirement for all websites in the UK since December 2012.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
This policy comes into effect from 25 May 2018 and ensures there is data protection regulation for customers across all businesses which we comply with.
All users have the following rights:
1) Right of access – Individuals can request access to their personal data free of charge and ask how we make use of it. At which point we provide any additional information not already covered on this page.
2) The right to be forgotten – Individuals can ask to be deleted at any time and we will comply. Please note if you do request this, we will not be able to support any warranty claims for you against equipment in the future given we will no longer have record of your purchase.
3) The right to be informed – Once a customer reaches the website checkout page, there is a statement confirming that by providing their personal details for the purpose of fulfilling a purchase indicates consent to store their personal data provided. Similarly, on the contact request form, by providing your details you are demonstrating legitimate interest which will allow us to contact you and answer your questions.
4) The right to rectification - Individuals are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is accurate or incomplete. If this is the case please use the contacts details below to get in touch with us and we will make any requested amends.
5) The right to restrict processing – This means that individuals can allow us to store their personal data but can only use for the methods stated when consent is given (3).
When you register with us you have the option to receive marketing information from us by e-mail, communicating special offers and promotions from backpackinglight.co.uk. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick or untick the appropriate box as you go through the registration process.
You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by following the unsubscribe link in our emails or through unchecking the opt-in to email box found on the 'Your Account' page on the website.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller is R and R Enterprises at the address below. Questions regarding this Policy should be directed to the team using the contact details below:
• Address: R & R Enterprises (Backpackinglight.co.uk), PO Box 924, Worcester, WR4 4GB
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call: +44 (0) 7516 431472
Our website contains links to third party websites operating their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. R and R Enterprises is not responsible for the policies of any linked third-party sites.