The Hercules is not a backpacking tent, but if you want a base camp, bushcraft home or family 4 season luxury base then, this is ideal for you.
It is a huge freestanding 8-person dome shaped winter tent. It was designed with space and function in mind. Hot tents are becoming more and more popular so this space is complimented by the ability to add a suitable wood stove providing heat and camp cooking.
Being a 4 season waterproof tent, it provides protection against rain, wind and snow. This shelter has a capacity of 8 without a stove and maybe more 6 max with. As the interior has vertical walls and a 2m max headroom it is perfect for those who want to stand and stretch. With 3 doors you can always get in and out away from the wind.
The floor is clipped in place which makes it easy to remove corners and fold them back when using a stove or for any other reasons.
- Removable stove jack to add a tent wood stove
- Vertical sidewalls for huge interior space
- Removable buckle-in floor for floorless shelter
- 3 doors for group camping with no-see-um screens
- Lightweight, waterproof and seam taped secondary vent rainfly and main outer tent with 4 zippable air vents for improved ventilation
- Pitch the outer main body without second vent rainfly for improved view and airflow
- Large camping cot friendly with stand-up room
- 10 large mesh pockets on the interior walls to store random things, as well as many eyelets at the top to hang a light or small clothesline
- Hubbed and shock corded tent poles for easy assembly
- No-see-um Bug Mesh on all doors and vents
- Weather: 4 Season
- Size: 8-person (up to six with Stove)
- Color Scheme: Desert Brown
- Includes: Secondary Vent Rainfly, Outer Tent Main Body, Removable Floor, Small Gear Loft, Storage Sack, Stakes, Fiberglass Poles and Guyline with Linelocks
- Net Total Weight: +/- 13.5kgs
- Stakes Total: 21 pieces
- Included Tent Stakes: Yes
- Number of Poles: 6
- Number of Doors: 3 Doors
- Total Tent Size: 2m (height) x 3.6m (length) x 3m (width)
- Tent Body Packed Size: 29cm x 29cm x 67cm
- Tent Pole Diameter: 11mm Fiberglass
- Second Tent Vent Rainfly Cap: Waterproof 68D Polyester Fabric PU (taped seams) at 1500mm hydrostatic head
- Main Body Rainfly (Upper Walls): Waterproof 68D Polyester Fabric PU (taped seams) at 1500mm hydrostatic head
- Main Body Rainfly (Vertical Walls): Waterproof 150D Oxford 3000mm (taped seams)
- Removable Floor: 150D Oxford 3000mm (taped seams)
Stove Jack Included
The Hercules Winter Tent comes with a stove jack and integrated rain cover, so that the pipe from a wood stove can exit a vent in the livable area of the tent.
This replaceable stove jack port is super versatile! It is a 36cm x 26cm rectangle made of cuttable silicone fiberglass fabric (not seam sealed), built in rain door, so that you can seal the hole when it is not in use, so that your tent stays weatherproof. Suggested chimney diameter no greater than 12cm/5" without pipe heat shield.
Designed to fit almost every tent wood stove on the market today. You can run a straight stove pipe up the center, which blocks a door, but leaves 2 usasable doors (with no second rainfly on), and using a tent protector sleeve.
Clip in floor
The Hercules can stand-alone as a floorless shelter, but there is an option to clip in the included floor if you choose. This provides full ground cover, or it can be tucked partially away if you wish to burn a wood stove.